Wednesday 4 February 2015

Procrastination


What is procrastination?? Well I will give you the answer another time... LOL Most people are procrastinators (including myself). It took me so long to finally stop procrastinating and write this. Since no one is going to create "Procrastinators Anonymous" for us, thinking of it now even if it was a thing we wouldn't attend.. Here are a few ways to regulate and hopefully cure procrastination:

A Good Sleeping Pattern
 I am someone who has a very messed up sleeping pattern and I have realised that is the main reason why I procrastinate. At the moment it is my mission to start sleeping at the right time and waking up early not spending most of the day in bed. So if you are like me try and fix your pattern, get adequate rest and wake up early to achieve what you have in store. "Carpe Diem!"

Take Steps
Doing things at the last minute is probably the worst thing you can do to yourself. You are bound to make a lot of mistakes and stress yourself out in such situations, so try and layout your work over a period of time in other to achieve great success. "Dream big dreams, but start small. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step."

Fear of Failure
This is most likely my biggest fear and possibly my only fear. I try to remind myself if i don't get up and get it done I might fail. Overcoming a fear is easier said than done, so why not embrace your fear of failure and use it to motivate yourself to do what is meant to be done. "Don't let your fear of failing stop you from succeeding and being happy!"

Reaching Greater Heights
Being an ambitious person could be a source of motivation. The need to be better than you are could make you get up and do work rather than procrastinating. "Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."

"Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of disease and its toll on success and happiness is heavy." I do hope this helps someone out there, like the saying goes "Don't leave what you can do today, for tomorrow!" xx

6 comments:

  1. I really agree with the sleep thing; I tend to procrastinate a lot when I'm exhausted!
    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! My sleeping pattern is so terrible. I can sometimes get to bed by 1 am, but it's usually around 3:30-4. I hate it. :(

    StyledByBlondie.com

    ReplyDelete